The World Food Programme is offering the New Data Analyst Internships 2020 in Johannesburg, South Africa. The WFP Jobs 2020 have been announced for interns / learners, so you should get full advantage of the WFP Internship 2020 in order to raise your experience level in short span of time.
World Food Programme Jobs mostly remain vacant in South Africa, and you may apply for the World Food Programme Careers after completing the Data Analyst Internship Programme 2020. The World Food Programme Internships 2020 will boost your experience level, and you will get better Data Analyst Jobs or Data Analyst Vacancies after having valuable work experience through WFP Careers.
The interested candidates should go through the complete details and descriptions of the Internship Jobs available in JHB, before forwarding their job application form to recruitment department.
World Food Programme Internship in Johannesburg: WFP Data Analyst Internship Jobs 2020
Based in the ARC offices in Johannesburg, the Intern Data Analyst will be a member of the Technical Support Division supporting all aspects of the ARC engagement with the ARC Member States, with a particular focus on the technical engagement with the in-country Technical Working Group (TWG) and in-country interactions with the TWG.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Understand ARC and the Africa RiskView software and its underlying methodology
- Assist the TSD and the TWG on all matters relating to the customisation of Africa RiskView and preparation for participation in the insurance pool, including:
- Support background research to understand the risk factors and risk profiles of the ARC Member State
- Gather and prepare historical data on droughts and other natural disasters in the ARC Member State
- Support the data analysis and customisation work for the ARC Member State
- Support the drafting and review of customisation reports
- Monitor and verify Africa RiskView’s estimates against information from the ground
- Monitor Africa RiskView’s estimates to contribute to monthly bulletins and other ad hoc analyses and publications
- Be a recent graduate (max. 12 months after graduation) from an undergraduate or graduate university programme in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Food Security, Natural Sciences, Agriculture, Development Studies or similar relevant discipline
- Not be sons, daughters, brothers or sisters of WFP employees
- Must be eligible to stay and work in South Africa
- Proficient in Excel. Good knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, Stata). Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Power Point.
- Basic knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing
- Fluent in English and/or French (+ official language of duty station if different).
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Reliability, attention to detail and problem-solving skills are highly appreciated.
- Teamwork and good social skills.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and under minimum supervision, and under tight deadlines.
Closing date: 25 September 2019
How to Apply
If you comply with the minimum eligibility criteria and other necessary requirements, you should Apply Online for the World Food Programme Data Analyst Internship programme 2020. The WFP Vacancies 2020 may also be available for you, so you should not miss the Internship Opportunities.