The National Library of South Africa is offering the Trainee Archivist Jobs in Pretoria, South Africa. The Library Archivist Jobs mostly remain vacant, so you may now avail the NLSA Vacancies 2021 available for trainees. The NLSA Careers have been announced for those candidates, who are looking for Trainee Archivist Programme 2021 / 2022.
NLSA Jobs 2021 are available for trainees, so you should get full advantage of the Archivist Training Jobs 2021 / 2022. The NLSA Trainee Librarian Jobs mostly remain available, and you may also avail these Librarian Jobs after having valuable experience in the relevant field. The interested candidates should have a look on the details and descriptions of Trainee Archivist Program 2021 / 2022, before forwarding their job application form to recruitment department.
Trainee Archivist Jobs 2021 / 2022 at NLSA: Jobs and Careers for Trainees and Learners
The objectives of the National Library of South Africa (NLSA) are to contribute to socio-economic, cultural, educational, scientific and innovative development by collecting, recording, preserving and making available the national documentary heritage and promoting an awareness and appreciation thereof, by fostering information literacy, and by facilitating access to the world’s information resources.
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified persons between the ages of 18 and 35 for appointment on a three-month contract basis. The successful individuals will be based in Pretoria.
Purpose: The purpose of this short-term employment opportunity is to assist the National Archives and Records Services of South Africa(NARSSA) to digitise, conserve, secure and make accessible its paper based and audio-visual archival collections. Successful candidates will receive training and be provided with real work experience enabling them to gain skills and valuable experience that can be applied in future jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Archival Studies, History, Heritage Studies, Film Studies, or Sound Engineering.
- A postgraduate qualification in any of the above fields will be an added advantage.
- Candidates who obtained their qualifications through the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture’s Heritage Bursary Scheme are encouraged to apply
- Computer literacy is an added advantage
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills and outstanding work ethics
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
Key responsibilities: Core activities:
- Preservation and conservation services
- Arrangement and description of paper based and /or audio-visual records.
- Capturing, verification and data clean-up on the National Archives database
- Evaluation and preparation of paper based and audiovisual records for digitization.
- Follow detailed instructions.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Be willing to rotate in similar roles as requested.
- Work rotational shifts,including weekends,when required to do so.
For the purpose of selection shortlisted candidates might be subjected to a competency test to determine their suitability to participate in the Programme.
The National Libraryof South Africa is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employersand reserves the right not to make an appointment. Appointments will be made according to the NLSA’s Employment Equity requirements and people with disabilities are invited to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 25 June 2021
How To Apply for Trainee Archivist Careers 2021 / 2022 at NLSA
Interested applicants must submit a completed prescribed application form accompanied by a covering letter; Curriculum Vitae; Matric / Grade12 certificate; certified copies of qualifications and academic transcripts not older than six months; and a copy of certified Identity Document by e-mail to email@example.com
Should you not receive any correspondence / communication from the National Library of South Africaone month after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
If you comply with the minimum eligibility criteria and other essential requirements, you should Apply Online for the recently announced Trainee Archivist Librarian Jobs 2021 / 2022 available in Pretoria, South Africa.