MNET is offering the Latest Television Archivist Internship Jobs 2014 in South Africa. MNET Internships 2014 are available for hard working and talented candidates. If you are willing to get experience in the television field, then you should join the Television Archivist Internship Programme 2014 at the earliest possible time.
Television Archivist internship Opportunities for 2014 should be availed by those candidates, who are interested to go in the television field. The MNET Internship Programme 2014 will kick start your career, and you will get more better Television Archivist Jobs and employment offers from various other companies of South Africa. After completing the MNET Internships 2014, you will get more better Television Archivist Career Offers for the available vacancies in South Africa. The interested candidates can go through the complete job details before submitting their application for internship.
Television Archivist Internships 2014: MNET Internship Programme in South Africa
MNET has exiting Television Archivist Internships for 3 African, Coloured and Indian candidates at KykNet. The Television Archivist (Internship) position will be responsible for the effective cataloging of the M-Net content for retrieval and preservation purposes.
The strategic intent of the MAM, Video Library and Television Archives business unit is the successful media asset management support, the implementation of processing of all commissioned content to ensure long-term preservation, the timely receipt and delivery of all broadcast related content with a focus on improved client services. The Television Archivist (Internship) position will work with and regularly meet Television Archivists, Media Coordinators, and Video Librarians, including all relevant internal stakeholders to ensure successful cataloguing of M-Net content.
External factors that will influence the work environment taking future conditions and strategic requirements into account include:
- Business environment
- Dynamic organization
- M-Net policies and procedures
- Staff retention / Skills development
Education & Experience
- Relevant graduate and/or post-graduate degree in Information & Knowledge Management
- An excellent understanding of customer service/service excellence
- Passion for the media industry
- The ability to write informative and descriptive abstracts
- Basic knowledge of copyright
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient in speaking and writing Afrikaans
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to deal with detail for concentrated periods of time
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to different situations
Duties and Outputs
- Catalogue ingested content to the pre-determined level of granularity
- Create a bibliographic description for all local programme material.
- Create an accurate and appropriate abstract of the content of a programme or insert.
- Assign appropriate keywords from an in-house thesaurus for effective retrieval
- Catalogue programme content, shot, scene and image by analyzing and assessing the nature of the programme, shot, scene or image (copyright, duration, etc.)
- Shot list and tag all third party stock footage (assign Copyright Warnings where applicable)
- Provide all relevant information regarding ownership and re-use of third party stock footage.
- Edit, catalogue and store selected valuable raw footage
- Stock footage processing and selection from raw materials (production shoot tapes) by identifying and selecting usable royalty and clearance free stock footage from productions shoot tapes
Closing Date: 10 June 2014
How to Apply for MNET Television Archivist Internships 2014 in South Africa
If you comply with the eligibility criteria provided by MNET, South Africa, you should Apply Online at MNET for the recently announced Television Archivist Internship Job Opportunities 2014 in South Africa. MNET Careers and Job Opportunities usually remain vacant / available, and you may also avail the Jobs at MNET, South Africa after completing the internship programme 2014 as Television Archivist.