SABS is offering the Latest Jobs in South Africa. The recently announced Procurement Graduate Programme 2014 is available for those candidates who are willing hard to get experience through a special Graduate Development Programme in South Africa.
Procurement is a field that deals with purchase of Goods, Services, Equipment etc. You should have good experience in the procurement field before getting yourself engaged in the procurement department of a company. SABS Jobs in Pretoria, South Africa are available for those graduates, who are looking for Internships, Apprenticeships, Learnerships or Training Programme in procurement field. They will get good experience and expertise in the field of procurement while working under the veteran purchasers of South African Bureau of Standards (SABS), South Africa.
SABS Graduate Programme 2014 can kick start your career with the Procurement Training Jobs, and you may get more better job offers and employment opportunities from other companies working in South Africa after successful completion of your Procurement Graduate Programme in South Africa. So you should have a look on the details of programme before submitting your job application at the recruitment department of SABS, South Africa.
SABS Procurement Graduate Programme 2014: SABS Jobs / Careers
SABS is looking for 3 Procurement Graduates to receive an the job training relevant to their career by being exposed to both administration & technical aspect of the relevant field by following an approved training programme. The succesful candidates will receive an 18 Months Fixed Term Contract, after reading and accepting all the policies and procedures provided by the SABS. This opportunity comes with a remunerated of R5000,00 per month as an allowance.
Key Performance Areas:
Generate Purchase Orders:
- Process low value purchases, ensure correctness and completeness.
- Keep clear audit transactions trail expedite order placed.
- Submit Purchase Orders (POs) to be signed off by responsible person.
- Ensure that POs have been placed in accordance with the SABS Policies & Procedures.
- Provide lead time report on all orders placed.
- Ensure that correct calculations on POs are done.
Generate Requisitions on ERP System:
- JDE system training.
- Create capital & Operations requisitions.
- Differentiate the process followed per requisition type.
- Receive new vendor application forms.
- Ensure compliance to vendor application.
- Ensure that the attached documents are valid.
- Determine the basis of deactivating the vendor on the ERP system.
- Create & maintain RFQs.
- Follow up on contracts with reference to the successful RFQ.
- Prove negotiated savings.
- Do a cost comparison.
- Produce a procurement approval schedule.
- Conclude the contracts resulted from the procurement process.
- Perform the price escalations.
- Extend, terminate the contracts in accordance with the SABS Policies & Procedures.Warehouse Management:
- Receive record & dispatch the store items in accordance with the SABS Policies & Procedures.
- Conduct stock taking.
- Draw a supplier spent report.
- Draw a report on approved requisitions due to be converted to purchase orders.
- Draw a report on open orders.
- Ensure that the VAT certificates for all Suppliers used by the SABS are saved on File and updated on the system.
- You will receive an 18 Months Fixed Term Contract, which you will get after reading and accepting all the policies and procedures provided by the SABS.
- You must have Degree or National Diploma in Purchasing, Logistics or Warehouse Management
- You will be remunerated R5000,00 per month as an allowance.
- You must have register with SARS and submit you Tax Number to HR.
- You will be given access to Telephone/Internet & Email etc.
- You will receive a relevant Personal Protective Equipment for safety purpose.
- Expresses and articulate key elements of ideas or concepts (both written & verbal)Â in a logical, descriptive and comprehensible manner. Anticipates reactions and responds appropriately. Probes and listens for information from others, without interrupting or judging, in order to understand underlying issues.
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence service in day to day operations. Foresees issues that might adversely affect work quality and develops contingency plans.
- Leverages others’ expertise, and shares information and best practices to optimize work results. Encourages others and offers guidance and support to others when assistance is required.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness by exploring a range of alternatives and options to resolve problems.Â Quickly recognizes new problems and develops solutions within appropriate time scales
Closing Date: 02 May 2014
How to Apply for SABS Jobs: Procurement Graduate Training Programme 2014
The SABS is offering the Jobs for Graduates in Procurement field. If you are eligible to get the Graduate Training Jobs at SABS in South Africa, you should Apply Online for the Procurement Graduate Programme 2014 by submitting your job application online. If you are interested in these training job opportunities at SABS, you should not miss these graduate opportunities.