The Save The Children South Africa (SCSA) is offering the Latest Project Manager Jobs 2024 in Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal and Mpumalanga, South Africa. If you are looking for Project Manager Careers or Project Manager Vacancies for 204, you have come to the right place.
The Save the Children South Africa Jobs 2024 are available for those candidates who are willing to join an esteemed firm, company or organization as Project Manager. The interested candidates should have a look on the details and descriptions of the SCSA Jobs 2024 before forwarding their job application form to recruitment department.
Project Manager Jobs for 2024: Save the Children South Africa Career Opportunities
Save the Children South Africa (SCSA) works with children and their families in some of the nation’s most marginalised communities. SCSA is at the forefront of saving children’s lives and creating lasting change for children and their families, reaching over 100,000 children directly and over a million children indirectly annually through child rights, health and nutrition, child protection and education programmes.
Since early 2024, SCSA is implementing the Happy Living and Learning project in ECD centres in Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal and Mpumalanga over a 2 – year period. The project is based on SCSA’s holistic/integrated approach to early childhood development. The HLL Project Manager will be directly responsible for developing supporting HLL Project interventions, Trainings, ECD centre infrastructure extension plans and ensuring its roll-out as per the project budget and guidelines. He/she will work closely with the project team in order to meet project deadlines and deliverables.
Job Title: Happy Living and Learning (HLL) Project Manager
Fixed Term: 09 months
Reports to: GP/MP Provincial Manager
Base: Gauteng Provincial Office (JHB)
Travel Requirements: 60% domestic travel
Budget Responsibilities: above R1.2 million annually
Asset Responsibilities: SCSA working tools
Child Protection level: 3
- Facilitate development of ECD site infrastructure extension plans according to donor specifications, infrastructure needs assessment and municipal by-laws;
- Manage the planning, execution and completion of the additional space or building extension;
- Co-ordinate the acquisition and development of resources and material required for the ECD libraries;
- Initiate and maintain strong working relationships with local government, traditional leadership and other key ECD centre stakeholders;
- Support, coordinate and manage the planning, implementation and monitoring of the project, including development of annual work plans;
- Support Development and mentoring of team members to ensure project quality;
- Develop and mentor team members to ensure project quality;
- Develop and review training materials for the HLL project according SCSA required standards
- Provide support to the training facilitation and coordination
- Coordinate and Manage project budgets in line with donor conditions and project plans;
- Implement the ECD infrastructure budget, maintaining maximum expenditure within a set timeframe in line with donor conditions and project plans;
- Ensure and contribute to narrative progress reports preparation for submission to donors;
- Contribute to documentation of lessons learnt during implementation of this project;
- Work collaboratively with the Happy Living & Learning (HLL) Project team; and
- Undertake any other related responsibilities as the Provincial Manager may assign.
- Undergraduate qualification in Project Management, construction/building, civil engineering related field, or equivalent recognised qualification
- Advance Project Management qualification will be an added advantage
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the South African ECD/education sector;
- Demonstrable Project coordination and management experience and management of building/construction projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to inform and engage through written communication;
- Experience in developing and execution of ECD infrastructure.
- Experience in planning and facilitating building & procurement processes;
- Strong skills in Microsoft office and project management tools
- Strong initiative and ability to multi-task, anticipate and prioritise without direct supervision;
- Driver’s license
- Competence in MS Office and basic Excel
All candidates are to send their CVs and a cover letter to EMahlo@savethechildren.org.za with subject “HLL Project Manager” no later than 14h00 Wednesday, 15 May 2024. Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you comply with the minimum eligibility criteria and other essential requirements, you should Apply Online for the recently announced 2024 Jobs at Save the Children South Africa Organization.