NYDA Solomon Mahlangu is offering the Latest Scholarships 2024 as well as Bursary Programme 2024 in South Africa. The Scholarship Funds 2024 are available for various fields of studies. The NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarships are available for University and College Students, so that they could easily manage their study expenses. NYDA Bursaries will make you able to find more better opportunities in near future after having good and valuable experience.
The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) Solomon Mahlangu Bursaries 2024 / Scholarship Programme 2024 will manage your educational expenses, and you will be able to study with more reliability and ease. So you should avail these Scholarship Grants available in South Africa by submitting your scholarship application form at the earliest possible time. The NYDA Scholarships are available for deserving and talented students, and they should have a look on the details and descriptions of Scholarship Grants before submitting their application for Scholarship.
NYDA SOlomon Mahlangu Scholarship Grants or Bursary Programme 2024
In its quest to address the challenge of access to education, among many other challenges, the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) is calling South African young people who intend to study at registered Universities and Universities of Technology to apply for the Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund for the 2024 academic year.
The NYDA established the Scholarship Fund in honour of Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu who at the age of 23, was executed under the apartheid laws after being wrongfully accused of murder and terrorism. Fearing crowd reaction at the funeral, police decided to bury Mahlangu in Atteridgeville, Pretoria.
The scholarship fund is designed to create an environment for affording youth with excellent academic background, an opportunity to further their studies. Financial support will be provided to youth who pursue full time degrees that fall within the priority growth sectors, critical and scarce skills areas outlined in the labor planning frameworks of the country.
The Scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, meals & study books. For the 2024 Academic year, only degree studies at public Universities and Universities of Technology will be considered. This does NOT include TVET colleges.
Objectives of The Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund:
- To provide financial support to youth in the form of scholarships to increase their chances of accessing quality higher education in their field of study
- To increase chances of employability or entrepreneurship based on the positive correlation between level of education and employability
- To establish the largest scholarship programme in the country, which will enable youth to study at local public universities and universities of technology
- Empower the youth (14-35) with education to enable them to compete favourably in the labor market.
- Contribute to the development of critical and scarce skills
The following eligibility criteria will apply:
- Students must be applying for admission to one of the public universities as a 1st year full-time student in a priority study (see below).
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the public universities or university of technology after completing the National Senior Certificate
- Must meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams
- Must be South African citizens between 14 – 35
- Financial neediness – combined household salary of less than R15 000 a month
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas
How to Apply for NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Bursaries / Scholarships for 2024
If you comply with the eligibility criteria and other necessary requirements, you should go to the Official Site of NYDA Solomon Mahlangu South Africa to Apply Online for the Latest Scholarships 2024 available at NYDA. The Government Scholarships and Bursaries have been announced by various departments / companies in South Africa, and you should try your luck for Government Scholarship Programmes for 2024 to let them manage your educational expenses.