The Anglo American is offering the Latest Engineering and Technical Learnerships 2015 in Limpopo, South Africa. The Anglo American Learnership Programme 2015 is available in various fields including, Electrical Engineering, Boilermaking, Diesel Mechanic, Millwright, Measurement Control & Instrumentation, Fitter, Rigger Ropesman, Plater Welder and Auto Electricians.
The Latest Learnerships Anglo American, South Africa can jump start your career and boost your experience level in short period of time. The Anglo American Jobs and Careers usually remain vacant, and you may also avail the Anglo American Vacancies after completing the Anglo American Learnerships 2015 available in Limpopo, South Africa. After completing the Learnership Opportunities, you may get more better Engineering Jobs or Career offers from various other big companies working in South Africa. You may also avail the Anglo American Careers after having good experience in the relevant fields. The interested candidates should have a look on the details of Learnership Programme 2015 before forwarding their job application to the concerned department.
Anglo American Learnerships 2015 in Engineering & Technical Fields
Primary Job Purpose
The Engineering Learner fulfills a shift role at the Engineering department. In conjunction with his/her team he/she is required to assist the artisan with routine tasks that he/she has been trained in such as maintaining equipment & machinery. The successful candidates will take part in a Learnership programme leading to the selected qualification and qualified Artisan.
- Ensure machinery and equipment is operated according to standard procedures
- Ensue checklists are completed and submitted
- Obey any reasonable instruction given by management
- Core work outputs: Quality support to artisan and provide low complexity and high volume work
- Adhere to strictly safety rules & principles as per site specific and Anglo platinum requirements.
- Make sure that all work is performed to ‘Zero Tolerance’ principles.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Matric with mathematics and English (Physical Science added advantage) OR
- N2 with 4 subjects as per the specific Discipline Requirements (added advantage) OR
- NCV Level – 4 In the appropriate trade
- Communication in English
- Completed engineering assistant phase 1 and phase 2 training
Trade Test Requirements
A minimum of an N2 certificate with the four applicable subjects for the relevant trade as specified below:
- Electrical (Maths; Engineering Science; Electrical Trade Theory; Industrial Electronics)
- Fitting (Maths; Engineering Science; Engineering Drawing; Fitting & Machining Trade Theory)
- Diesel Mechanic (Maths; Engineering Science; Engineering Drawing; Diesel Trade Theory)
- Plater / Welder (Maths; Engineering Science; Plating and Structural Drawing, Plater’s Theory)
- Rigger (Maths; Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing; Rigging Theory)
- Auto Electrician (Maths; Engineering Science; Auto Electrical Trade Theory; Industrial Electronics)
The appointed learner will sign an agreement where the learner commits him / herself to obtain the minimum N2 or any required subjects applicable to the trade, necessary for qualifying
Where applicable the Company will support the appointed learner to achieve the minimum requirements by allowing the learner to attend one full trimester to obtain the relevant N2 for the trade.
- Certificate of fitness
- Hand-eye co-ordination
Learnership Conditions for Successful Candidates
- Must be prepared to work underground/surface and in plants “dusty areas”, and an eleven day fortnight shift where applicable
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must pass the relevant Rehabilitation Functionality Assessment (RFA) & medical certificate of fitness
- Must be in possession of a valid South African Drivers License
Selection of candidates will be based upon the Anglo Platinum selection and recruitment procedure.
NB: No accommodation and transport to and from will be provided by Anglo American Platinum
Closing Date: 21 May 2015.
How to Apply for Learnership Programme 2015 at Anglo American South Africa
After having a look on the details and descriptions, if you meet the minimum eligibility criteria as mentioned above, you should Apply Online for the Latest Anglo American Learnerships 2015 available in various fields.
- Amandelbult Mines – Apply online
- Twickenham Platinum Mines – Apply online
- Mogalakwena Platinum Mines – Apply online
Anglo American is one of the famous group of companies working in South Africa, and it may boost your experience level by providing you valuable and good training under the team of veterans. So you should not waste your time, and go for the application process at the first convenient. The Anglo American is offering the Training Opportunities for the hard working and talented candidates, who are really interested in getting experience in the relevant fields of study.