The Constitutional Court of South Africa is offering the Law Clerkship Programme 2017 / 2018 in SA. The LAW Clerk Opportunities 2017-2018 are available for those candidates who are willing to get experience in law field. The Law Clerk Jobs usually remain available / vacant in South Africa, so you may avail the Law Clerk Careers 2017 / 2018 after completing the Law Clerkship Program 2017-2018. The Law Training Programme should be availed by interested candidates.
The Law Clerk Vacancies 2017 have been announced in SA, and now you can avail the Constitutional Court of South Africa Vacancies in order to get experience in the law field. The Constitutional Court Careers may boost your experience level in short span of time, so you should not miss the Latest Law Clerk Careers available in South Africa.
Constitutional Court of South Africa Jobs for Law Clerks: Law Clerkship Programme 2017-2018
The Constitutional Court invites applications from suitable candidates seeking appointment as law clerks for 2017. Each Justice of the Constitutional Court is assisted by two law clerks whose primary function is to carry out legal research for their respective Justice. Appointments are made for the periods January 2017 to December 2017 or July 2017 to June 2018 depending on each Justice’s requirements. Applicants should indicate the period for which they wish to be considered. Applications are considered by all Justices of the Court, and applicants should not indicate a preference to work for a specific Justice.
The Office of the Chief Justice (including the Constitutional Court) seeks to ensure that the persons selected are broadly representative of the South African population in terms of race and gender.
- Applicants should be in possession of an LLB degree (or an equivalent degree) or in the final year of study for such degree and must have obtained that degree prior to starting with the Court, if appointed.
- Applicants should also display an interest in subjects relating to constitutional law.
- Academic excellence and research experience is desirable
The salary for each of these contract positions is R 289 761.00 per annum plus 37% in lieu of benefits. No other benefits are afforded.
How to apply for Constitutional Court Law Clerkship Training Programme 2017: Law Clerk Jobs in South Africa
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2016. No applications will be accepted after this date.Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter of no longer than two pages;
- A curriculum vitae of no longer than three pages;
- A certified copy of the applicant’s ID;
- Certified copies of all academic records;
- An example of written work between six and ten pages in length, which demonstrates critical legal analysis and is written solely by the applicant; and
- Letters of recommendation from two referees, together with their names and contact details (including an email address).
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: Email: email@example.com
A letter and/or email will be sent to each applicant upon receipt of his/her application. If an applicant does not receive an acknowledgment of receipt, he/she must contact Ms C Gideon of the Office of the Chief Justice: Human Resources Department on 011 838 2010.
Applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be notified by 16 May 2016. If you are not notified by that date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
If you comply with the minimum eligibility criteria as mentioned above, you should Apply Online for the recently announced Law Clerk Careers or Clerkship Training Jobs 2017 / 2018 available at South African Constitutional Court.