The Water Laboratory at the Scientific Services Branch is offering the Laboratory Assistant Jobs 2016-2017 in South Africa. The Water and Sanitation Department Careers usually remain available / vacant in SA, and you may also avail the Laboratory Assistant Careers to get more better experience in the relevant field. Various Jobs are available in City of Cape Town, so you should avail the opportunities to get valuable experience in the relevant fields.
Laboratory Assistant Vacancies usually remain available, so you should get experience in the field of Laboratory Assistance in order to avail more better jobs. The Government Jobs have been announced, and you may avail these Government Opportunities at the first convenient. The Water & Sanitation Dept Jobs will raise your experience in short span of time, and you will get more better careers in South Africa. The interested candidates should have a look on the detail of Laboratory Assistant Opportunities before forwarding their job application form to the concerned department.
Laboratory Assistant Job Opportunities: Government Vacancies in South Africa
The Water Laboratory at the Scientific Services Branch, located within the Water and Sanitation Department of the City of Cape Town, is looking for a Laboratory Assistant.The Laboratory is largely responsible for the chemical monitoring of potable water in the Cape Metropolitan Area (CMA).
- Grade 12 (Mathematics and Science)
- Up to one (1) year environmental or laboratory related experience
- Computer literate and must be able to work accurately and record scientific data.
- Be in possession of a Drivers license
- The incumbent must be physically fit and able bodied
Key Performance Areas
- Assist with conducting microbiological, chemical and physical analysis and preparation of lab, general chemical reagents and media
- Assist and perform site visits and the operation of basic instruments for the branch.
- Maintain good standards in terms of general laboratory housekeeping and health and safety
- Clean and maintain all glassware, sample bottles and other lab ware in the laboratory
- Perform and assist in the regulation of basic stock and consumable levels including the procurement and disposal of chemicals and other consumables
- Assist with ISO 17025 accreditation and application of basic laboratory information management system (LIMS)
- Responsible for the handling of samples from sample receiving area (SRA) or clients and assist with basic administrative functions ? Good interpersonal skills and planning abilities.
- Be willing to handle hazardous chemicals and equipment and also travel within the boundaries of the City and beyond.
Closing Date: 22 August 2016
How to Apply for Laboratory Assistant Jobs in South Africa: Government Jobs in SA
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria and other essential requirements as mentioned above, you should Click Here to apply online for Government Jobs available for Laboratory Assistants.