The University of the Witwatersrand Vacancies 2022 are available for interns. The Case-Study Writer Internship Programme 2022 has been announced for those candidates, who are looking for the Case Study Jobs 2022 in Johannesburg, South Africa. The University of the Witwatersrand Internship 2022 will jump start your career, so you should not miss the opportunity. The details and descriptions about the University of the Witwatersrand Case Study Writer Internship 2022 are appended below.
University of the Witwatersrand: Case- Study Writer Internship 2022 in Johannesburg
The Department of Family Medicine and Primary Care (DFMPC) and the Centre for Health Science Education (CHSE) and the University of the Witwatersrand is developing a number of programmes and is therefore looking for someone to join the internship programme in the capacity to develop case-studies and conduct some educational research for our programmes.
In this internship you will have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with case-study writing and to develop the skill to write academic and professional cases. You will also have the opportunity to join the instructional design for training and development.
In this position you will independently write a variety of communications for the CHSE and DFMPC. You will work with minimal guidance to research, compose, and edit high-level communications, publications and/or reports with complex and specialized subject matter. The Internship Project is hiring a Case Study Writer with education and writing experience to lead the development of case studies, with a focus Health Systems and Health Professions Education, including some educational research.
You will be working closely with the curriculum team and spend time on the Health System, observing, interviewing, and making meaning of scenarios in order to write your cases. The cases will vary based on the need for the content but it will focus on Health Systems challenges, educational challenges and practices that could lead to improved outcomes.
- Develop familiarity with case studies and the case-study method for education and Health
- Work with the curriculum team and others to identify problems of practice that would benefit from documentation and dialogue.
- Leverage research and data produced by others in the faculty to inform topics.
- Interview and observe stakeholders to gain a better understanding of and gather data on the contexts, practices, and experiences on the Health System or in the faculty
- Write compelling narratives that capture the essence of challenges and experiences.
- Receive feedback on narratives and rework with an eye to specific audience and contexts
- Facilitate professional learning on case studies with educators.
- Build and maintain relationships with a wide array of stakeholders
- Develop guidelines and norms around the creation of case studies.
- Contribute to the development a strategy for case study teaching
- Participate in DFMPC meetings and Instructional Design meetings and activities
- Apply for ethics and conduct research
- Determines, researches, verifies, writes and edits publications, which often includes technical/scientific material for manuals or journals.
- Uses broad knowledge of writing to write in-depth pieces relating to specialized field (e.g. scientific writing).
- A master degree in Education / Health Professions Education / Linguistics or Business
- No work experience required
Technical Skills Required
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office 365
- Technical Writing and Editing
- Working towards a PhD
- Experience with the case-study method
- Ability to interview a range of stakeholders and students
- Ability to communicate stories through writing.
- Ability to build relationships across areas of difference.
- Commitment to ongoing self-reflection, professional learning, and growth.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently, with supervision, or in collaboration as a team member.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
How to Apply Online for University of Witwatersrand Jobs 2022: Case-Study Writer Internship 2022
- CV (required)
- Cover letter (required)
- Writing Sample (see scenario below) (required)
A lecturer comes to you to write a 1-page case study (1.5-line spacing 11pt Arial) for a Responsible Leadership case at an Higher Education institution. They ask you that the case-study should be fictitious and at a fictitious university. However, they state that it should have real world challenges for the South African context. They therefore say you can conduct a desktop study to develop your case study. In addition, they mentioned to you they want to focus on leadership challenges at a senior level at the university. So that the students can identify the types of leadership, the lack of leadership and make recommendations for how to proceed. They provide you with 4 questions that students should be able to answer.
Write a 1-page case study that can be used for the following 4 questions
- 1. What are the main challenges that you can identify in this case?
- 2. Is there leadership present? And if so what type of leadership can you identify?
- 3. What style of leadership is most suited for this scenario? And why?
- 4. What recommendations would you make for better outcomes?
If you comply with the minimum eligibility criteria, you should Apply Online for the Case-Study Writing Jobs available for interns in South Africa.