The South African Police Service (SAPS) Apprenticeships 2021 has been announced by the Government of South Africa. The Mechanical Apprenticeship programme 2021 is available for those candidates, who are looking for Police Jobs or SAPS Apprenticeship 2021.
Location: Gauteng, Free State, KZN, Northen Cape
SAPS Mechanical Apprenticeship Programme 2021
South African Police Service (SAPS) invites unemployed youth to apply for the 2021 Mechanical Apprenticeship Programme. Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post
- Be a SA Citizen
- Be fluent in at least two official languages, of which one must be English
- Be in possession of a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence
- Must have no previous convictions or cases pending
- Must not have visible tattoo / s when wearing summer uniform (Police Act posts)
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification
Additional post requirements:
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Experience as an Apprentice will be an advantage
- Perform quality and cost effective repairs and maintenance of SAPS vehicles
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Assist to diagnose, strip and determine the parts required for services and repairs
- Complete parts request list for the parts required per vehicle
- Complete job card with regards to work done and actual time taken
- Ensure safe keeping of tools and equipment
- Mentor apprentices under supervision
- Comply with the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Act 83 of 1995)
How to Apply
- Only the official application form (Download Here). The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Copies of an applicant’s ID document, motor vehicle driver’s licence, all educational qualifications obtained together with academic records thereof and service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, must also be submitted and attached to every application.
- Qualifications and driver’s licences will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institution.
- The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- Persons who retired from the Public Service by taking a severance package, early retirement or for medical reasons, as well as persons with previous convictions, are excluded.Persons who retired due to medical reasons, may however be considered if they can provide recent and conclusive proof of recovery.
- REFERENCES: SCM56 / 2020 (Benoni)
- REFERENCES: SCM59 / 2020 (Verineeging)
- REFERENCES: SCM57 / 2020 (JHB)
- REFERENCES: SCM58 / 2020 (Pretoria)
- REFERENCES: SCM61 / 2020 (Sasolburg)
- REFERENCES: SCM62 / 2020 (Thaba Nchu)
- REFERENCES: SCM60 / 2020 (Marianhill )
- REFERENCES: SCM63 /2020 (Upington)
Email Applications to:
The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, Human Resource Management, Private Bag X254, Pretoria, 0001 (For attention Captain Rivombo)
Applications Hand Delivered:
The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, 117 Cresswell Road (cnr Cresswell and Pretoria Road), Silverton, Pretoria (Main entrance to A-Block)
Enquiries: Captain Rivombo
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, you should Apply Online for SAPS Apprenticeship Training 2021.