The South African Police Service (SAPS) is offering the IT Internship Programme 2020 in South Africa. The IT Internships 2020 are available for those candidates who are willing to join the SAPS Internships 2020 in order to raise their experience level. The SAPS Internship Programme 2020 will jump start your career, so you should not miss the SAPS Jobs 2020 available in South Africa.
The South African Police Service is recruiting for entry level Police Trainees and invites applications from all races and gender, of applicants in possession of courses or higher qualifications in the field of Information Technology or related field of study, for Enlistment in the Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP) from young, energetic, intelligent, physically and mentally fit individuals, dedicated to serving their country by pursuing a career in policing.
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate / National Certificate (Vocational), with a passed subject in Computer Studies / Computer Application Technology / Information Technology; or any course / higher qualification in the field of Information Technology or related field of study
- Be proficient in at least English and one other official language
- Between eighteen (18) and under thirty (30) years of age
- Have no previous criminal convictions and shall allow his or her fingerprints to be
- taken and background enquiries to be made
- Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible and irreconcilable with the objectives of the Service
- Be prepared to take the oath of office
- Complete a medical examination
- Complete a physical fitness assessment
- Undergo a psychological and Integrity assessment as determined by the National
- Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official
- Be prepared to undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner
- Be prepared to serve and be trained anywhere in the Republic of South Africa
Successful candidates will serve as functional police officials. As such, they will be deployed to carry out one or more of the following functions:
- Prevent, combat and investigate crime,
- Maintain public order,
- Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic and their property,
- Uphold and enforce the law
The PROGRAMME shall consist of three phases:
- One (1) month at a designated police station;
- Basic Training Phase
- Eight (8) months Basic Training at a designated SAPS Academy (with practical
- training at a designated police station
- After successful completion of the Induction-and the Basic training Phases, the police trainee shall be appointed as a member of the Service under probation (12 months).
- During the Basic Training Phase of the PROGRAMME the Service shall provide free training gear, meals and accommodation to the police trainee.
- Trainees will also receive medical aid benefits for the duration of the 21-month Basic
- Training Learning Programme. Upon successful completion of the Basic Training
- Learning Programme trainees will be considered for permanent appointment as members of the SAPS.
How to Apply
To view full advert in details click: Full advert.pdf
Download Application form or obtain from any police station.
Make sure you have signed your application form in front of a commissioner of oath. Attach certified copies of your:
- ID Document,
- Driver’s licence,
- Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate or National Certificate (Vocational),
- Additional qualifications,
- Proof of residence.
This application form together with all the required documentation, should be handed in at your nearest police station or at the address provided below:
Post to: Provincial Commissioner (Reenlistments) South African Police Service: Private Bag X 9004 Cape Town 8000
Contact Persons: Capt Van Zyl WO Nel, Tel: (021) 409 6579 / 6596
Applications can be hand delivered at: 1st Floor, Customs House Building, Lower Heerengracht Street, Cape Town
Post to: Provincial Commissioner Recruitment & Staffing: Reenlistments South African Police Service: Private Bag X7471 King Williams Town 5601
Contact Persons: Lt Col Madlingozi or PPO E Du Randt, Tel: (040) 608-7153 /7156 /7157 /7158 /7245 /7248 /7161
Applications can be hand delivered at: Recruitment & Staffing, SAPS Provincial Head Office: Eastern Cape, Old Griffiths Mxenge Building, Buffalo Street, Zwelitsha, 5600
Post to: The Provincial Head Personnel Management Recruitment Office: Re-enlistment: Private Bag X 5001 Kimberley 8300
Contact Persons: Col Seome W /O Botha (053) 8393724 / 2516 / 2510 / 2511
Applications can be hand delivered at: Lewende hawe Building 19 George Street (locked silver container at entrance) Kimberley
Post to: Provincial Commissioner (Reenlistments) South African Police Service: Private Bag 20501 Bloemfontein 9300
Contact Persons:Lt Col N Tyali Sgt I Gailele (051) 507- 6407/6807
Applications can be hand delivered at: No 126 Charlotte Maxeke Street ,Metpol Building, 5th floor :Room 518 ,Bloemfontein
Post to: Provincial Commissioner (Reenlistments) South African Police Service: P /Bag X57, Braamfontein, 2017
Contact Persons: Lt Col C Henning or Capt Lennox or Capt Barnard or PO Motau, Tel: (011) 274 7913 / 7423 / 7424 / 7425
Applications can be hand delivered at: SAPS Provincial Head Office, GautengProvince, 16 Empire Road, Parktown, Johannesburg, 2193
Post to: The Provincial Head Personnel Management: Private Bag X 9428 Polokwane 0700
Contact Persons: Lt Col Kgadima or Capt Kobe, Tel: (015)290 6024 (015)290 6094
Applications can be hand delivered at: 44 Schoeman Street Landbank Building Polokwane 0700 or posted to the Provincial Head(as given)
Post to:The Provincial Commissioner South African Police Service: Private Bag X801 Potchefstroom 2520
Contact Persons: Lt Col Koloti or W /O Mpela (018) 299 7320 / 7732
Applications can be hand delivered at: 2nd floor Wespol Building: Corner Mandela Drive and Peter Mokaba street.
Post to: The Provincial Head: Personnel Management Recruitment & Staffing: Private Bag X 11299 Nelspruit, 1200
Contact Persons: Lt Col. Todani or Capt NA Nkosi, Tel: (013) 762 4810 or 4898 / 4808 / 4811 / 4809 / 4318
Applications can be hand delivered at: The Provincial Office, Recruitment and Staffing, South African Police Service, Ehmke Street No. 04, Nelspruit next to Mlondolozi house.
Provincial Commissioner(Reenlistment) South African Police Service
Post to: The Recruitment Office SA Police Service: PO BOX 1965 Durban 4000
Contact Persons: Lt Col S N Zondo or Capt TM Chazi or PO P Moodley,Tel: (031)325 4808 / 6404 /6194
Applications can be hand delivered to 6TH Floor, Servamus Building ,Room 619 /620 15 Bram Fischer Road, Durban
Closing date: 31 October 2019.
SAPS Internships Training Jobs 2020 should be applied by interested candidates. If you are looking for the Police Jobs or Police Careers, you have come to the right place.