Google is offering the Women Techmakers Scholarships 2017 for Girls / Female Students. Google Internships and Scholarships usually remain available / vacant for overseas students. If you are looking for Google Scholarship Programme 2017, you have come to the right place. The Women Techmakers Scholarship Programme 2017 has been announced, where a lot of women / female students can take a part. Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship 2017 is a series of Global Scholarships, available in Asia, Europe, India, Pakistan and many other countries.
The Google Scholarship Awards will be helpful for a lot of female students, so they should not miss the opportunities. The Google Scholarships 2017 for South African Students have been announced, so that you could avail these scholarship opportunities to financially support your studies. Women Techmakers Scholarships 2017 will be beneficial for you in many ways. Google Scholar South African is a special programme, where from you could get financial assistance to make your study time easy and reliable. You should Apply Online for the Google Scholarship 2017 after having a look on the details below.
Google Scholarships 2017: Anita Borg Memorial Scholarships for Female Students
As part of Google’s ongoing commitment to advancing computing and technology, Google invites applications for the the Women Techmakers Scholars Programme – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program. Through the programme Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2017-2018 academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in summer 2017 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of workshops.
Professional development and community outreach opportunities will continue to be offered after the retreat. As a Women Techmakers Scholar, you will join a long-term community of scholars program participants designed to provide a forum to share resources, support other women in tech, and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
- Identify as female
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in Computer Science
The Women Techmakers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While past applicants and finalists are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Women Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply.
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four essay questions
Closing Date: 1 December 2016
How to Apply for Women Techmaker Scholarships at Google
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria as mentioned above, you should Click Here to apply online for recently announced 2017 Google Scholarships. The Google is one of the biggest companies working in all over the world, so you should not miss the opportunities available at Google.