The Funza Lushaka is offering the Bursaries for 2022 / 2023 in South Africa. The Teaching Bursary Programme 2022 is available for teachers in South Africa. If you are looking for 2022 Bursaries for Teachers, then you have come to the right place, as the Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme 2022 / 2023 is available for the hard working and deserving teachers.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Application Form should be submitted by the interested candidates at the first convenient. Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022 will pay for your educational expenses, and you will be able to study with more ease and reliability. Hence the interested candidates should avail the Teachers Bursary Programme 2022 available in South Africa. You can also have a look on the details and descriptions of Bursary before forwarding your bursary application.
Funza Lushaka Bursaries for Teachers 2022 / 2023: Bursary Funds
About The Funza Lushaka Teaching Bursary:
About Funza Lushaka
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a programme to support teaching studies and available to qualified students to complete a teaching degree in South Africa. Bursary recipients are then required to teach at public schools equivalent to the duration of the bursary received.
Funza Lushaka Bursary
Application for the Funza Lushaka teaching bursary must be done online each year.
Bursary recipients are required to teach at a public school they are assigned to and they cannot choose the school they are assigned since the assignment is according to priority.
The bursary amount given will cover most of the recipient’s necessary expenses that may include tuition fees, accommodation including meals, books and learning materials, and if possible a small allowance for monthly living expenses.
Important guidelines for the Online Application of Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022 – 2023:
- Applicants who have criminal record, have been charged with misconduct or are dismissed from work are not qualified
- Higher Education Institution employees and their immediate families are not accepted
- Online application is a MUST. No hard copies are accepted by the programme.
- Printing of the completed online application is a MUST.
- Anyone who already has other teaching qualifications do not qualify
Two types of qualifications can be funded are:
Undergraduate studies or a 4-year Bachelor of Education degree (B Ed), specializing in Foundation Phase (Grade R – 3), Intermediate Phase (Grade 4 – 6), Senior Phase (Grade 7 – 9) and FET Phase (Grade 10-12); and
Graduate studies or One-year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Combined qualifications are also acceptable such as combine specialization in the Foundation Phase (Grade R – 3) and Intermediate Phase (Grade 4 – 6), or the Intermediate Phase and Senior Phase, or the Senior Phase (Grade 7 – 9) and FET Phase (Grade 10 –12).
The priority areas are:
Foundation Phase (i.e. Grades R-3) – Foundation Phase (with preference for African Languages)
Intermediate and Senior Phase (i.e. Grades 4-9) – Preference will be given for a teaching major in TWO of the following:
- Natural Science & Technology
FET phase (i.e. Grades 10-12) – Preference will be given for a teaching major in TWO of the following:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural Technology
- Civil Technology
- Computer Applications Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- Information Technology
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Technology
- Physical Sciences, Languages, Technical Mathematics and Technical Science
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
In order to apply to the funza bursary online you should meet the below minimum entry requirements:
- South African citizen
- Good academic performance
- Graduates who want to complete a teaching degree or want to become teachers (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) and have already been accepted at an accredited public University.
- Applicants who want to make a career change and become teachers in this country, show dedication and passion for a professional career in teaching, display interest in working with young people, are ready to face and handle difficult challenges and have personal integrity.
- Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children are not eligible.
- Two of the priority area subjects must be included as a specialisation in the teaching qualification.
For 1st time entrants to university:
- Proof of admission to bachelor’s degree studies pass at matric/Grade 12 level.
- Minimum level 4 rating at matric level in the subject which the applicant will specialize to teach.
- A pass in Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy at Grade 12 level and a minimum level 4 pass in the Home Language, for students who intend to specialize in the Foundation Phase
- Average of at least 50% for students who have completed matric prior to 2008 when Mathematics was not compulsory
- At least level 4 pass in Mathematics, for students who wish to specialize in the teaching of Technology subjects, including CAT, and who do not have these subjects at matric level
For new applicants already at university:
- Passed all of the modules studied in the last/most recent year of study at the Higher Education Institution
- Minimum 55% average across all the modules studied in the last/most recent year of study at a Higher Education Institution
- Minimum 55% average in modules studied relevant to the priority area teaching specialization in the last/most recent year of study at university
For new applicants enrolling for PGCE:
- Successful completion of a recognized qualification to be admitted for a PGCE
- Must have majored in Psychology and an African Language for a PGCE in Foundation Phase Teaching
- Must have at least TWO recognized priority subjects at second-year level
- Must have adequate modules in the recognized priority subjects
For existing bursary holders:
- Passed at least two-thirds or 66.6% of all the subject modules studied in the last/most recent year of study at the university
- Passed at least two-thirds or 66.6% of the priority subject area modules studied in the last/most recent year of study at the Higher Education Institution
- Passed the priority subject
- Must be proceeding to the next level/year of study
- Must achieve at least 50% average across all subject modules
How to Apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme 2022: Available Bursaries in SA
- Online application is a must
- Go to the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register your online profile by providing your personal details (or login with your previous login details if you already have an account)
- Enter the OTP (One Time Pin) you will receive on your preferred channel to complete the process
- Once logged in, go to the e-Services menu and choose Funza Lushaka Bursary
- Accept the Funza Lushaka terms and conditions to proceed
- On the Dashboard menu, click on the 2022 Application button and follow the steps. completing all the required fields with accurate information.
- Accept the confirmation declaration and receive feedback on the status of the application through email.
- Print the completed online application and submit it to the university where you are accepted and registered.
- Accompany the application form with certified copies of your ID and your academic records:
- Certified copy of Grade 12 result or certificate, for 1st-year students coming out of Grade 12
- Certified copy of the latest academic transcript, for students already at university
- Accompanying documents must be submitted to the applicant’s university coordinator, otherwise, the application will be rejected.
- New applicants are advised to also pursue other funding opportunities such as NSFAS.
- The outcome of the selection process will be available from the University no later than 30 April each year.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Should applicants need to make changes in their application details, they have access to the online bursary application by going to “Update personal details”. Updating application details is only allowed before the application closing date. Changing institutions and areas of specialization will not be allowed and doing so will subject an application to rejection.
- Application for the bursary is not a guarantee that a student will obtain it.
Application Closing Date
First time applicants bursary deadline closing on 1st February 2022
Applications for the Funza Lushaka bursary for 2022 opened on 1st October 2021.
Re-applications (for Existing/Returning Bursary Recipients): 29 November 2021
Please contact your university’s Funza Lushaka academic and administrative coordinators. Alternatively, you can also your provincial education department (PED) or contact the Department of Basic Education here:
If you comply with the minimum eligibility criteria, you should Apply Online for Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022.
The Funza Lushaka Bursaries will be helpful for you in near future, as you will no more liable to pay for your educational expenses. The Bursary Awards will manage your educational expenses, and you will be able to study with more reliability and concentration.