LexisNexis is offering the E-Learning Web Development Internships 2016 in South Africa. The E-Learning Internship Programme 2016 has been announced for those candidates, who are willing to make their career in Web Development field. The Web Developer Internship Programme 2016 will boost your experience level as well as expertise in short span of time.
LexisNexis Internship Programme is a special E-Learning Training Programme 2016, where you will be able to optimize your skills. The Web Developer Careers usually remain available / vacant in South Africa with various big companies, and you may avail the Web Developer Vacancies after completing the LexisNexis Internships 2016. It is also pertinent to mention here that you may get more better Web Developer Jobs after having good experience in the computer field. The Web Designing Internships 2016 have also been announced various companies and now LexisNexis Jobs and Careers are available for Interns. LexisNexis Careers will be available for you after having good experience in Web Development Field. The interested candidates should avail these LexisNexis Vacancies after having a look on the details and descriptions.
LexisNexis Careers: Web Developer Internships 2016 in South Africa
LexisNexis seeks a E-Learning Web Developer Intern in Johannesburg. Working with the Business Development & Academic teams, the post holder will be responsible for the development of new e-learning content to be hosted on LexisNexis South Africa’s BlackBoard-based Learning Management System (LMS) as well as maintaining and updating the current suite of modules in line with change requests.This opportunity is suitable for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with demonstrable experience and skills in web content development, graphic design, copy-writing/editing and general site management.
The work demands attention to detail, excellent communication skills, a creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry best practice and a professional approach to delivering high quality outputs under aggressive deadlines.
- Content development & maintenance
- Provide technical advice & guidance to project sponsors at the start up stage of new e-learning projects, to advise on scope, feasibility and recommended options for delivering the technical aspects of the projects
- Using a range of technologies (primarily HTML5, CSS, Flash), work with content writers, instructional designers and educationalists to design and develop e-learning content modules to host on the LMS platform
- Create testing plans and undertake functional and user interface testing for new e-learning modules
- Debug, extend and reverse engineer code of existing e-learning modules to update content and fix bugs
- BlackBoard LMS maintenance and support
- Create testing plans and undertake functional and user interface testing for new LMS functionality
- Upload new/refreshed in-house and third party developed e-learning modules onto LMS, testing compatibility to ensure presentation and tracking is as expected, and acting as the communication link with external content providers and authors to resolve any issues which arise.
- Using web services, set-up and maintain interoperability links to allow third party LMS’s (such as those used by various University clients) to access modules hosted on LNSA’s platform
- Undertake periodic performance and vulnerability testing of LMS
- Design, implement and maintain links with various value-added BlackBoard modules (such as community/social/mobile functionality) to extend and enhance the value of LNSA’s overall solution
- The post holder may on occasion be required to work outside of normal office hours for essential LMS server maintenance and/or support during new product launches
- Relevant technical tertiary qualification
- Knowledge of working in a web-based software development team
- Some experience developing content for delivery via mobile platforms
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of or experience in using system interfacing and integration technologies (APIs / web services / SOAP)
- Experience in working with online education projects and/or developing content for a Learning Management System will be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of HTML/CSS (Including HTML 5)
- Good knowledge of and experience in some of the following graphic design programs – Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver or equivalent CorelDraw applications
- Knowledge of considerations when designing for web and mobile
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems and knowledge of platforms like WordPress, Drupal and Joomla
- Knowledge of web server technologies and IT infrastructures
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally with colleagues and clients at all levels adapting working styles to suit the circumstances in order to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to resolve complex problems on own initiative
How to Apply for Web Developer E-Learning Course at LexisNexis South Africa
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria and other essential requirements as mentioned above, you should Click here to apply online for the Latest Internships 2016 available for Web Developers. The Web Development and Designing field always need good training and valuable experience to make you expert, and now you can avail the Opportunities at LexisNexis.