The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) is offering the DAFF China Scholarship 2024 in collaboration with Nanjing Agricultural University (NAU). DAFF Scholarships 2024 have been announced for talented students / candidates, so you should avail the DAFF Scholarship Programme 2024 by forwarding your Scholarship Grants Application Form at the first convenient. Various people are searching for the lola DAFF Scholarship and Emmy DAFF Scholarship Foundation, so they should not worried as the DAFF China Scholarship Recipients will get the full advantage and support during their studies.
Various 2024 Scholarships in South Africa have been announced by different companies, universities and institutes, so you should not miss the Scholarship Opportunities available in 2024. The DAFF China Scholarship 2024 will be helpful for you in managing your educational expenses, so you should have a look on the below mentioned details to apply for Online Scholarships and Bursaries in SA.
DAFF China Scholarship 2024: Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Scholarships 2024
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) in partnership with the Nanjing Agricultural University (NAU), are offering a fully-funded postgraduate scholarship to the People’s Republic of China. The aim of the scholarship is to address the shortage of critical skills by inviting applications from eligible individuals in the Professional Masters Program who wish to further their studies and pursue careers in Fishery Science to apply for this 2024 DAFF-China Scholarship programme.
The purpose of the scholarship is to promote the following:
- Profound and professional knowledge of basic theories in Fishery Science;
- Familiarity with the World Fishery Development and comprehensive knowledge structure;
- A spirit of innovation and practice;
- Capability of independently engaging in fishery technical and rural developing tasks;
- Innovative thinking;
- Ability to carry out independent research in fisheries;
- A rigorous style of study, good morality;
- Commitment to promote the development of fisheries and agricultural industries through strengthening cooperation between South Africa and China.
1. Requirements for applicants
- Applicants should be from a fishery-related administration or extension department, university, college, institute, or business etc.
- In good health;
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Fishery, Biology, Environment, and related majors;
- English as a 1st language or ideally an English proficiency test score (e.g. IELES, TOEFL, etc.);
- Under the age of 40;
- Must be a South African citizen;
Individuals with requisite credentials from previously disadvantaged groups will be given first preference.
2. Those who are admitted will get the full scholarship provided by the Chinese Government and issued through China Scholarship Council (CSC).
Included in the scholarship (subject to the adjustment of the Government) will be:
- Return economy air ticket to the People’s Republic of China
- Monthly maintenance stipend
- Sickness and accident insurance
- Accommodation (university residence)
3. The following documentation is needed to apply for the scholarship 2024:
- Completed application form (download the form here);
- Physical Examination Record for foreigners and Blood Test Report;
- According to China’s quarantine regulations foreign students who wish to study in China for longer than 6 months, should submit copies of their Physical Examination Record or Foreigner and Blood Test Report in duplicates;
- Applicants’ medical examinations should cover all the items in the Physical Examination Record and should be conducted at a public hospital with reliable testing facilities;
- Incomplete records or those without a sealed photograph of the applicant will be considered invalid;
- Since a completed physical record is effective only for six months from the date of examination, it is the applicant’s responsibility to decide when the next physical examination will be done;
- Upon enrolment, the applicants are expected to produce original copies of their medical records and blood test reports when they arrive in China;
- Applicants will be held responsible for any consequences which might occur as a result of submitting false medical results;
- Those without original copies or incomplete medical forms will be expected to take the medical examination again at their own expense.
- Highest diploma (Bachelor’s or equivalent) and academic record/transcript;
- Thesis Abstract, published research paper or research proposal (if any);
- Two recommendation letters (one should be from your current employer);
- A study or research plan written in English with more than 500 words;
- Copies of English language proficiency test results (for applicants whose native language or medium of instruction is not English);
- Recently updated Curriculum Vitae;
- Certified copy of passport.
How to Apply for Department of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries Scholarship Programme 2024: DAFF Scholarship Grants
Interested individuals should hand deliver their applications at earliest. Completed form should be sent to: Mr Nakiseni Ndivheni – Directorate: Sector Education and Training, Agriculture Place, 20 Steve Biko Rd (Old Beatrix Str), V Block, Ground floor, Office number 10, Pretoria, 0001
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria as mentioned above, you should apply online for the recently announced DAFF Scholarships 2024. You can also visit the Official Site of DAFF South Africa to get more details about the Scholarships 2024 / 2025.