The Chinese Government is offering the New Scholarships 2016 for South African Students. The Chinese Government Scholarships 2016-17 have been announced for International Students, and now you can also avail these Opportunities while living and studying in South Africa. The Chinese Government Scholarship Programme 2016-17 will make you able to study with more ease and reliability, so you should avail these 2016 Scholarships in South Africa.
If you are looking for the Bursaries, Scholarships, Student Loans or any other Student Financing Scheme, then you have come to the right place, as the Chinese Government Scholarship 2016 is available in South Africa. The Chinese Govt is offering these Latest Scholarships 2016 in various universities, and the Scholarship Application Forms are also available with the Listed Universities, where from you can collect the 2016 Scholarship Form. Various Scholarship Grants and Scholarship Awards have been announced by different institutes and universities, so you should avail the Opportunities to manage your study financing. The Interested candidates should have a look on the details and descriptions before forwarding their Scholarship Application form to the concerned government department.
Chinese Government Scholarship 2016-17 for International Students / South Africans
The Chinese Government is offering scholarships for South African students to study at Chinese institutions starting in the 2016/17 academic year.The scholarship may be awarded for undergraduate (Bachelors) in the identified scarce skills, postgraduate (Masters or PhD) or non-degree Chinese language studies. Preference is given to applications for postgraduate studies.
Criteria and Eligibility
South African citizens in good health with a strong academic record.
Available to study in China from September 2016 (no extensions will be allowed).
Demonstrated interest in China and commitment to the development of South Africa.
Applications from all qualified candidates in any field will be accepted, but priority will be given to applications for postgraduate studies, previously disadvantaged applicants and applicants in the following fields:
- Chinese language studies
- Climate change
- Engineering sciences
- Human and social dynamics
- Maritime Studies
- Natural and physical sciences
- Nuclear and renewable energy
- Space science and technology
All students must meet the minimum academic requirements for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
Guidelines for education requirements and age limits:
- Chinese language studies (non-degree) – National Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with a university entrance pass (a minimum of 60% average is recommended) – (Under 35)
- Doctoral degree – Master’s degree (a minimum of 65% average is recommended) – (Under 40)
- Master’s degree – Bachelor’s degree (honours) (a minimum of 65% average is recommended) – (Under 35)
- Bachelor’s degree – National Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with a university entrance pass (a minimum of 60% average is recommended) – (Under 25)
The Chinese Government provides the following:
- Registration and tuition,
- Shared accommodation in the international dormitory on campus,
- Living allowance
- Medical insurance
The South African Government provides the following (subject to the availability of funds):
- One return economy airfare
- Monthly living allowance equivalent to R2,000
- Once-off settlement allowance equivalent to R3,000
Successful scholarship applicants will be required to sign a contract and return to South Africa upon completion of studies.
Closing Date: 11 March 2016
How to Apply for Chinese Government Scholarships 2016-17 in South Africa
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria as mentioned above, you should Click here to apply online for the recently announced New Scholarship Programme 2016-17. The Government of China is helping the international deserving students and paying for their educational expenses, so you should avail these International Scholarships.