The Children’s Radio Foundation Jobs for 2019 are available in Johannesburg, and Cape Town, South Africa. The people looking for Fundraising Consultant Jobs can apply online for the Radio Careers. The Children’s Radio Foundation Jobs for 2019 are available in Johannesburg, and Cape Town, South Africa. The people looking for Fundraising Consultant Jobs can apply online for the recently announced Jobs at Children’s Radio Foundation, South Africa.
The Children’s Radio Foundation Careers 2019 are available for those people who are looking for Radio Jobs or Radio Careers, so they can apply online for the Children’s Radio Foundation Vacancies 2019. The Fundraising Consultant Careers are rarely available in South Africa, so you should not miss the Job Opportunity available at Children’s Fundraising Foundation, South Africa.
Fundraising Consultant Jobs: Children’s Radio Foundation, SA
The Children’s Radio Foundation is looking for an experienced Fundraising Consultant to grow our visibility, impact, and financial resources in South Africa. This person will be responsible for identifying funding streams, initiating introductions, and building relationships with prospective foundations, corporations, and individual donors. Proven success in securing major contributions from a variety of sources is essential, in addition to extensive knowledge of the South African philanthropic landscape.
The Children’s Radio Foundation Jobs 2019
We train high school-age youth to become reporters who broadcast their stories and experiences on community radio stations in six countries across Africa. Our youth reporters take on issues that affect young people in their community: access to education and health services, gender and power, LGBTI issues and human rights, employment and opportunity, climate change and the environment. Speaking in local languages and in a youth-friendly style, they interview community members, host debates, and bring out local perspectives in their weekly youth-targeted radio programs. Our work uses youth involvement in radio to create opportunities for dialogue, skill building, and advancing human rights, by training and mentoring a new generation of broadcasters and thought leaders across Africa.
These short films give you a sense of what we do and what is important to us:
We are a small and committed team that believes in creating real opportunities for young people to reflect, grow, and advance themselves and their communities. A person who tackles problems with creative solutions, and who loves the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process will thrive here. We work in a lively, innovative, fast-paced environment and are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, down-to-earth and kind people to join our team.
As our organization expands, we are in need of a passionate, dynamic, and self-motivated professional who can vision and implement fundraising strategies that broaden our reach in South Africa and bring new funding to the organization.
Job Title: Fundraising Consultant
Location: South Africa (Johannesburg or Cape Town)
Scope: Short-term consultant, with the possibility to grow into a full-time role
A strong interest in youth issues, human rights and social justice is a must, along with excellent writing, editing, and interpersonal communications skills. A successful candidate is intimately aware of the funding landscape in South Africa and has deep knowledge of a broad range of income streams and funding mechanisms for non-profit organizations in South Africa. You are responsive, and communicate clearly and effectively whether in one-on-one conversations with team members, presenting to a room full of youth or adults, or writing emails and proposals.
What you Bring
- A proven track record of success (3-5 years) in fundraising, development finance, and partnership building
- Extensive knowledge of, and connections in, the South African philanthropic community
- Ability to work with team members and board members to cultivate and expand corporate, foundation, and major donor giving
- Experience with CSI fundraising is a plus
- Solid strategic thinking, planning and implementing skills
- Brilliant writing, with a strong sense of detail
- Highly-motivated, confident communicator with the ability to manage relationships
- Experience working with international NGOs is advantageous
- Digital literacy, high-level computer skills, and familiarity with all social media platforms
- Recognized university degree, Master’s degree or postgraduate qualification is an advantage
Deliver a South Africa-specific fundraising strategy and be responsible for working with the team to drive that strategy to bring in new funding
- Building on existing infrastructure, identify and research a range of grantmaking trusts, foundations, and scope the range of relevant funding opportunities
- Identify prospective mid-level and high net worth donors
- Develop a list of top foundation and CSI prospects
Build and maintain relationships with partners, corporates, foundations, and individuals to grow our visibility, impact, and financial resources
- Work with the organization’s management to initiate and build relationships with foundations, corporations, and individual donors
- In partnership with team members, draft funding proposals and pitch documents aimed at successfully generating new income
- Manage and track donor information, and develop a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
- Manage a corporate fundraising strategy and work to continue the development of key corporate relationships and corporate support for our work
- Strategically engage priority international stakeholders such as government, foundations and multilateral organizations in pursuit of our fundraising goals
Assist in developing communication materials aimed at visibility and fundraising
- Help to create a wide range of tailored materials (including funding proposals and visibility documents) aimed at successfully generating new income
- Work with our communications manager to execute social media fundraising campaigns, develop supporter newsletters, and maximize communication and visibility potential
Manage key visibility and fundraising events, maximizing stakeholder engagement and growing income
- Assist management in finding partners and sponsors for special events throughout the year
- Lead fundraising and income generation for key projects, including specific fundraising appeals and the development of effective and appropriate fundraising collateral
The Fundraising Consultant will be employed for 8-10 days per month, with a flexible schedule, on a fixed contract. S/he will report to, and work closely with, the Executive Director and management team. While some of the work will be carried out remotely, ongoing in-person meetings and collaborative work will be required. At the end of the six-month initial engagement period, achievements will be reviewed with the possibility of extension into a full time role if the approach has been successful and is sustainable.
Closing date: February 1, 2019
How to Apply for Children’s Radio Foundation Vacancies for 2019: Fundraising Consultant Jobs in South Africa
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample/portfolio to:
If you comply with the minimum eligibility criteria and other essential requirements as mentioned above, you should apply online for the New Fundraising Consultant Jobs for 2019 in South Africa.